I like to embrace (or invent) new technologies, and make something useful out of them, from concept stage all the way to production and adoption. For the last couple of years, my focus has been on:
- Blockchain Technology
- Quantum Computing
- CyberWarfare / ExoWarfare
So far worked 25+ years in start-ups, with some short dabbling in Fortune 50 companies for the experience.
Lived 18 years in the USA (1994-2012; in Los Angeles, San Francisco / Silicon Valley, and Dallas), actively participated in the pre-internet ‘geek’ world for the emerging Internet since 1985, and during the Internet boom – in Silicon Valley – when the consumers (the masses) joined for wide-spread adoption by 1994.
Owned a Cray, and love to create new technologies and businesses.
Currently I work in Berlin, Germany:
- Entrepreneur in Residence, Rapid Innovation, Cyber Command (KdoCIR) – Bundeswehr (German Armed Forces), currently commanded to the Ministry of Defense (KdoCIR @ BMVg) — and contributing to:
- NATO ACT Innovation Hub
- US DoD MD5 Innovation Hub
- US Forces Innovation Hub (Defensewerx)
- US SOCOM Innovation Hub (Sofwerx)
- US Airforce Innovation Hub (Afwerx)
- US Army TRADOC Mad Scientist Community
- Senior Advisor – Hyperledger VC
- Senior Advisor – Crypto Tech Fund
- Chief Science Officer – Blockchain BGP Inc.
- Head of Technology – Quantum Blocks Inc.
- CTO – Blockwart Inc.
- CTO – MetaBlockchains Inc.
- CTO – BlockChain Industries Inc. (BCI)
Done / participated in many technical “firsts”:
– 1st Internet Service Provider (ISP) in my hometown (1987)
– 1st Artificial Intelligence Learning Software for Law Students (1989)
– 1st Loss-Less X-ray Digitalization (1990)
– 1st Animation on the Web (1995) – Macromedia ShockWave (became Flash, enabling YouTube)
– 1st Content-Mirror Website (1995) – Precursor for CDNs – Tokyo / Stockholm / London / San Francisco
– 1st Content-Aggregation Website with 400+ contributors (IGN, 1998)
– 1st Pick-Your-Carrier ‘Super-POP’ data center (1999) – built it in the heart of Silicon Valley, Santa Clara
– 1st Link – T3 = 45 MBit/s – between Bank of America and Nationsbank on BofA Acquisition (1998)
– 1st Global Barter solution with Crypto Currency “Barter Dollar” (2000)
– 1st Cross-Institution US Money Transfer via web service (2000)
– 1st Free Public WiFi Hotspot (2001) – featured in WIRED magazine (USA) April 2003
– 1st Long-range WiFi War-Driving Van (2001) – 8-mile scan across San Francisco’s Golden Gate bridge
– 1st On-the-spot WiFi Encryption Breaking via my own Cray CS6400 supercomputer (2002)
– 1st Working (!) Defense against distributed Denial-of-Service (dDoS) attacks (2004)
– 1st Digitization of Automotive Repair (2009) – FixEuro.com “Brick & Mortar”, over 1.5m YouTube Views
– 1st AI & Deep Learning: Fully Encrypted Real-Life-Cyber (RLC) ThreadStream LogicGates: ExoWarfare (2012)
– 1st Blockchain Supercomputers (MSEM) – Bitcoin Mining from PetaHash to ExaHash (2014, 2015)
– 1st Scalability Design for Blockchain Growth while lowering Transaction Cost (2016)
– 1st Technical Design & Business Case to exceed 51% of every Blockchain PoW Infrastructure (2016)
– 1st Analysis of Quantum Computing on the Safety of PoW Blockchains (2017)
– 1st Virtualization of PoW Blockchain Infrastructure for Private Blockchains (2017)
– 1st Integration of Multiple Private & Public Blockchains (2017)